[Oswego County Homepage] [County Clerk's Homepage]
Download the Archival Index of Oswego County!
Due to the large amount of requests and correspondence received through the mail to the Records Center Office, we must ask researchers to fill out a request form before a search is initiated. Researchers who are able to come to the records center in person may research free of charge.
- Cemetery Records--A compilation of over 170 cemeteries in Oswego County.
- Census Records--Available for the years 1820, '50, '55, '60, '65, '70, '75, '80, '92, 1900, '05, '10, '15, '20, and '25.
- New York State Census Records-- 1855 and 1865, alphabetized.
- "History of Oswego County"-- 1877
- Naturalization Records-- Available beginning in 1829. Records from 1829-1906 contain only minimal information. After 1906, the complete naturalization records are available up to 1957.
- "Landmarks of Oswego County"--1895, Churchill.
- Marriage License Records-- 1908-1935 only.
- City Directories-- Oswego directories from 1869-1998 and Fulton directories from 1903-1998.
- Town Assessment Records-- c. 1850 to 1900.
- Naturalization Records-- 1830s-1950s.
- Town and Village Histories
- "Tree Talks" Newsletter of Central New York Genealogy Society, 1970s to 1990s. Includes a special Oswego County index.
- Genealogies and Family Histories (donated by researchers).
- "Stone's Atlas of Oswego County"-- c. 1867 maps which can be copied.
- Hunter Map of Oswego County-- c. 1854 which can be copied.
- Blankman's Map of Oswego County-- c. 1889, does not copy well.
- Miscellaneous donated records of early marriages, births and deaths in specific areas.
Questions about the Oswego County Clerk's Office?