[Oswego County Homepage][County Clerk's Homepage]
Department of Motor Vehicles
The Registration and License Department of Motor Vehicles is under the supervision of the County Clerk and is mandated by NYS statute. The three local offices in Oswego, Fulton and Pulaski handle a variety of transactions including issuance of driver's licenses and permits, license plates and stickers for all types of vehicles including motor boats, trailers and snowmobiles, in-transit temporary permits, re-registrations, transfer of license plates from one vehicle to another in the same class, change of class re-registration, surrenders of license plates and collection of NYS sales tax and fees.
Download DMV Applications:
Can I complete my motor vehicle transaction by mail?
Yes. The mail section of the DMV is geared to the motto of "in today, out today" one-day mail service.
If I come to your office, what days are the best?
We cannot guarantee you short lines on any days, however, from years of experience, we know which days are typically our busiest. If you have a choice of when to visit the DMV and you want quick service, you may want to avoid
Note: During weekdays, we are usually busiest from 11:30-2:30.
- the last two working days of the month;
- the first two working days of the month; and
- Mondays and Fridays.
How can I obtain information on motor vehicle transactions?
You can come to any one of the three county offices or you may call the following numbers for an answer to your motor vehicle questions:
Summer Hours: (Effective July-August)
- Oswego (East River Road), 349-8300, 9 a.m. - 4:45 p.m.
- Fulton, (County Office Building, Rt. 481 S.) 591-9136, 9 a.m. - 4:45 p.m.
- Pulaski (Broad Street), 298-6521, 9 a.m. - 4:45 p.m.
- Oswego (East River Road), 349-8300, 8:30 a.m. - 3:45 p.m.
- Fulton, (County Office Building, Rt. 481 S.) 591-9136, 8:30 a.m. - 3:45 p.m.
- Pulaski (Broad Street), 298-6521, 8:30 a.m. - 3:45 p.m
Questions about the Oswego County Clerk's Office?