[Social Services Home] [Oswego County Homepage]
Workforce Development Board 2014-15 WIA Plan
Temporary Assistance and Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program Employment Plan
We help community members access the tools they need to manage their careers through information and high quality services. Job seekers can assess their current skill levels, get help with resumes and get job referrals. Individuals already employed can use our services to advance their careers or change jobs. Services are also offered to help employers find skilled workers.
Services are available for adults, dislocated workers (individuals laid off from a job) and youth and range from self-help to more intensive staff-assisted. For many of these services, there are no eligibility requirements.
We have career centers which provide:
- Local newspapers for viewing employment ads;
- Computers labs for career exploration;
- Workshops on a variety of topics;
- Resume writing assistance;
- Internet access for information on financial assistance available for training;
- Job postings from the NYS Department of Labor; and
- Books and reference materials on resume writing, job hunting and career exploration.
- Basic Computer Skills;
- Resume writing and cover letters; and
- Job hunting
- On-the-job training;
- Applicant screening;
- Incumbent worker training;
- Assistance with training plans for workers; and
- Information on topics such as child labor laws, Americans with Disabilities Act requirements
Fulton Career Center
200 North Second Street
Fulton NY 13069
Mexico Career Center
100 Spring Street
PO Box 1320
Mexico NY 13114
Questions about Employment and Training Services?
Call 315-591-9000, e-mail:
or visit the
Oswego County Workforce Development System