[Oswego County Homepage]
Welcome to Office for the Aging!
Monday - Friday
8:30 a.m. - 4:00 p.m.
- An outreach staff to locate those who are unaware of available services. Workers make visits to those who are homebound due to poor health or lack of transportation.
- Subcontract provides transportation to Senior Nutrition sites and shopping.
- Under a subcontract, Senior Nutrition Services
- Under a subcontract, senior citizens will be referred to a local attorney. Seniors can obtain information, guidance and legal representation, dependent on whether or not a legal problem exists.
- Provides insurance and prescription insurance counseling. Also have a wide variety of booklets and brochures of interest to senior citizens.
- Under a subcontract, a special home delivered meals program provides meals for the more rural, isolated elderly in the county (see SNAP listing) and a congregate meals program for senior to gather at 8 sites.
- Under subcontracts, provides in-home care (personal care and/or housekeepers chore) services for older person (over 60) who require such minimal assistance to remain in their own homes. Participation in program may be required to pay a percentage of the cost of service, or make contributions.
Senior Citizen Clubs:
- There is a long list of Senior Citizen Clubs throughout Oswego County. For information on this list, contact the Office for the Aging at 349-3484.
New York State Senior Citizen Hotline:
Gives state and local information and referral about service for the aging. Information is provided on local Offices for the aging, energy, housing, legal problems, tax, transportation, employment, nutrition, in-home services, health care and benefit programs. Callers also receive information on state publications and forms.
Monday-Friday 8:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m. After hours and on holidays, callers can leave a message with name, area code and county. Calls will be returned as soon as possible.
Questions about the Oswego County Office for the Aging?